Below is a list of our frequently asked questions. If your question isn't answered here, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are the Natural Clay Tooth Powders safe to use with amalgam fillings?
- Yes. Although bentonite clay does absorb metals when put into contact for prolonged periods of time, this is not an issue when brushing for the recommended two-minute time period. That being said, try your best to not swallow the tooth powder after brushing as it may have drawn in small amounts of metals along with other toxins and plaque from the mouth.
Will the turmeric in the Natural Clay Tooth Powder stain my teeth?
- No. It may seem surprising, but turmeric has been shown to have a brightening effect on the skin and teeth. It will, however, stain your toothbrush bristles yellow, but we believe the many benefits of incorporating turmeric into oral care outweigh this issue.
Can I use the Natural Clay Tooth Powder if I have sensitive teeth?
- Yes, and we highly recommend it if you do! The clove in the tooth powder is naturally analgesic, so it can actually help decrease tooth pain and sensitivity.
Is the Natural Clay Tooth Powder safe for everyday use?
- Yes it is! Our tooth powder is designed to be used at least twice per day, in place of conventional toothpaste. The ingredients in the tooth powder are gentle and non-abrasive. However, discontinue use and consult with your dental practitioner if any negative effects or changes in your oral health occur.
Natural deodorants that contain baking soda usually give me a rash; is there something I can do to prevent that?
- The baking soda in natural deodorants is present to reduce underarm odor, but some people have a sensitivity to it, which causes irritation. There are two preventative measures that you can take to reduce the possibility of this happening:
- Prep your underarms for the switch to natural deodorant by applying an armpit clay mask (we recommend our Detoxifying Mud Veil for this). Try using an armpit mask twice per week for at least two weeks before starting a deodorant with baking soda. This will help balance the pH of your skin and lessen the chance of any irritation occurring.
- Do not apply natural deodorant to freshly shaven skin. The open pores are more sensitive and susceptible to being irritated.
Do you use palm oil in any of your formulas?
- No, all of our products are completely free of palm oil. Being a conscious company that always strives to make the best choice for the environment and nature, we are aware of the ecological damage that the palm oil industry has created and we do not support it in any way.
Will the full spectrum hemp oil in your skincare products make me high or fail a drug test?
- No and no; cannabinoids applied topically do not cross the blood brain barrier and therefore will not produce any psychoactive effects or cause you to test positive on a drug test. We would recommend taking the additional precaution of avoiding application of our hemp-containing products to mucus membranes or broken skin if you need to take a drug test.
What is a CO2 extract and why do you use them so frequently in your products?
- CO2 extracts are oils made from pushing carbon dioxide through the plant material in an oxygen-free environment. This is different from cold-pressed oils which are made in the open air where light, oxygen, and heat can diminish the quality of the oil. We prefer CO2 extracts many times for our formulations because they are less likely to become rancid, which means they are more stable and tend to stay fresh longer.
Which of your products are best for extremely sensitive skin?
- Most of our products work great for sensitive skin because they were formulated without chemical preservatives or synthetic fragrances. The only product we would recommend to be cautious of would be our Clarifying Sugar Coat mask. This mask contains Ceylon cinnamon which can be over-stimulating if you have very sensitive skin that is prone to redness.
Which of your products are best for dry skin?
- Our Hemp & Green Tea Dream Cream and Beauty Nectar are specifically formulated to be extra nourishing for drier skin types. If you are looking for a mask, our Illuminating Sugar Coat would be the most moisturizing option. The Sacred Beauty Balm is our richest facial moisturizer that also works very well for dry skin.
Which products are best for acne-prone skin?
- Our Detoxifying & Clarifying Double Masking Duo is our top recommendation for reducing acne. The activated charcoal in the Detoxifying Mud Veil pulls up blackheads and cleanses the pores, while the anti-bacterial properties of the Manuka honey and Ceylon cinnamon in the Clarifying Sugar Coat fights off bad bacteria and balances the facial microbiota.
- For a lightweight moisturizer that helps soothe the inflammation and redness generally present with acne, our Aloe Glow should be your go-to.
- Learn more about our favorite acne fighting ingredients on the Be Your Own Healer blog.
How and why should I use a Double Masking Duo?
- Double masking is using two different masks in succession: first is a quick-drying clay mask, which should be followed by a moisturizing honey mask. The clay helps to purify the pores and firms the tissue, while the honey cleanses the skin and adds back in any moisture that may have been pulled from the clay mask. If you can make the time to do a double mask session, your skin will glow with gratitude.
Are your products safe for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding?
- All of our products are made with naturally-derived, non-toxic ingredients. However. two of our products that we recommend avoiding during pregnancy are our Frankincense & Myrrh and Peppermint Eucalyptus Tooth Powders. The essential oils we use in these formulas are not recommended for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Our Spearmint and Citrus tooth powder flavors are both safe alternatives during these times.
- As for the rest of our product line, we suggest discussing any specific concerns you may have with your health care provider.